Did you know that female athletes are eight times more likely than men to suffer Read more
Michael O’Brien Keating
Phone/Direct Dial: (303) 534-0401
Mike Keating joined the law firm in 2004 with a focus on civil litigation in State and Federal Courts. He came to the firm with considerable trial and courtroom experience having worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Adams County, Colorado, handling misdemeanor and felony cases.
Mike’s practice is directed to helping those who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents, injured because of unsafe property conditions, and injured because of unsafe and dangerous products. Because of his past experience in the courtroom and his confidence and skills in litigation, Mike has a solid base in representing a wide range of clients. His trial advocacy skills further the dedication of KWPF to providing clients with the best possible representation in and out of the courtroom.
While at the University of Denver School of Law, Mike excelled in moot court competitions and was a member of the National Traveling Trial Team. Since graduating, he has acted a coach for the National Trial Team and volunteers his time to help students build their trial skills.
He has been a member of Colorado Supreme Court’s Jury System Standing Committee. He is on the Board of Governors for the Colorado Bar Association representing the Denver Bar Association. He is a Board Member on the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
He was selected as one of Law Weeks “Up and Coming” Lawyers in 2008. He was selected as the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, “New Trial Lawyer of the Year” in 2010. He has been selected as a Rising Star in 2010, 2011, 2012.
Mike and his law partner, Bill Keating, successfully tried the largest personal injury verdict in Colorado history, Blood v. Qwest et al. Mike also successfully tried the largest personal injury verdict in 2011 in Colorado District Court, Beene v. Ford Motor Company.
Mike is listed as a Colorado Rising Star.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Colorado, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2004
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, 2001 J.D.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1997 B.A. English & History
Adjunct Professor, University of Denver, 2003 – 2006
“Preparing for Expert Depositions” Presented to the Young Lawyers Division of Colorado Bar Association.”Running a Law Practice to Running your Cases” 2010 CTLA seminar.
2010 Civil Law Update Presented at 18th Judicial Judges Conference.
LEGAL MEMBERSHIPS, ACTIVITIES & HONORS
- Denver Bar Association, Member since 2001
- Colorado Bar Association, Member since 2001
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court Member
- Board of Governors for the Colorado Bar Association representing the Denver Bar Association.
- Board Member and Executive Council on the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member Supreme Court Jury System Standing Committee (Chair Justice Michael Bender)
- Colorado Bar Association Board of Governors, 2nd Judicial District.
- Denver Bar Association Subcommittee on Judicial Nominations (Chair Daniel McCune.)
- Co-Chairperson Products Liability Subcommittee-CTLA
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court Member
- Selected as “Up and Coming” Lawyer by Law Week.
- Awarded 2010 “New Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
- 2010, 2011, 2012 Colorado Rising Stars
- 17th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Adams County Colorado, Deputy District Attorney, 2001 – 2004
- Volunteer – Habitat for Humanity & Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training
- Volunteer – Brent’s Place